New Course: Training for Business Continuity Leads
Training for Business Continuity Leads, who are from professional disciplines outside of Business Continuity, to provide key theoretical knowledge of Business Continuity and Resilience.
The workshops are interactive to enable the participants to actively engage and obtain the knowledge they require.
The in-house course is tailored to the needs and circumstances of the organisation. By attending this course the participants can share a common understanding and share experiences.
The training includes the use of video clips, exercises, relevant research, and examples/case studies to illustrate concepts and best practice.
Understanding of Business Continuity can be further enhanced through coaching and mentoring.
All our workshops can be delivered as virtual workshops enabling home-based staff to participate.
Module 1: The importance and purpose of Business Continuity
- What is Business Continuity?
- The benefits of Business Continuity
- The Business Continuity responsibilities of Business Continuity Leads
- Case studies
Module 2: The components of a Business Continuity Management System and how they fit together
- Business Continuity Strategy and Policy
- Emergency Response Plan
- Major Incident Management Plan
- Risk Mitigation Plan
- Business Continuity and Recovery Plan
- Disaster Recovery Plan
- Restoration Plan
Module 3: Understanding the importance and purpose of Business Impact Analysis
- How Business Impact Analysis aligns with Risk Analysis
- The components of Business Impact Analysis
- Business Continuity Lead’s role in Business Impact Analysis
- How to interpret the results of Business Impact Analysis
Module 4: Understanding the key elements of the Business Continuity Management System
- Referencing standards and guidelines to achieve best practice (Business Continuity Institute’s Good Practice Guidelines and the international standard for Business Continuity ISO 22301)
- The key elements of the Major Incident Management Plan and the importance of the communications.
- The key elements of Business Continuity and Recovery Plans
- The importance and benefits of testing Business Continuity Plan