Business Continuity Consultancy and Training services
Our Business Continuity consultancy and training services can help organisations to prepare, respond, and recover from potentially catastrophic events.
Catastrophic events like fire, explosions, cyber threat and other major incidents can have a devastating impact on the operations of organisations. They may result in the loss of systems, injury or loss of life.
Organisations with Business Resilience have the capacity to withstand shocks and navigate disruptive change from a wide variety of risks and adapt to the new circumstances following an incident..
Business Resilience checklist
To be prepared for dealing with major incidents organisations should have:
- Prepared a Business Continuity strategy and policy
- Conducted Business Impact Analysis to identify the key risks and consequent impacts and to establish the timescales within which their business areas would require specific systems and applications to be restored.
- Developed an Incident Management Plan so that senior management know their responsibilities and actions they will need to take in the event of a major incident.
- Developed a Business Continuity Plan covering all the key business functions so that staff are able to maintain services and readily recover to normal operations when the situation allows.
- Conducted exercises to ensure that managers and staff clearly understand their Business Continuity roles and have practised executing the plans in a pressured situation.
- Have in place a Disaster Recovery Plan so that the IT and telecommunications services lost in a major incident can be restored in a cost-effective way.
How We Can Help
JEC Business Continuity consultants have extensive experience in all aspects of Business Continuity Management and through consultancy and training can apply this knowledge to assist organisations to ensure to ensure they are resilient and that their Business Continuity Plans are robust, fit for purpose, and reflect best practice.
We have assisted a diverse range of clients in the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors including Kingfisher Group (owners of B&Q), Leicestershire County Council, MS Society, Oxfam, and Wales and West Utilities.
Are you a not-for-profit organisation?
We actively support not-for-profit organisations by providing pro bono time to reduce costs.
Read our clients' testimonials below
Business Resilience services we offer:
- Development of Business Resilience strategies and policies to demonstrate your organisation's commitment to Business Continuity
- Audit of Business Continuity Plans against Best Practice and ISO22301 to identify gaps in preparedness.
- Development of Crisis/Major Incident Management Plans so that senior management know their responsibilities and the actions they will need to take in the event of a major incident.
- Development of Business Continuity and Recovery Plans covering all the key business functions so that staff are able to maintain key services and readily recover to normal operations when the situation allows.
- Business Impact Analysis to identify risks, their impact and organisations’ measures to mitigate these risks.
- Readiness Assessments for Business Continuity Standard ISO22301 to prepare the organisation to obtain accreditation at their first attempt.
- Training in Business Impact Analysis and Business Continuity Plan development to enable your own staff to maintain and adapt your Business Continuity Plans.
- Design and facilitation of exercises to test your Business Continuity Plans and to ensure that managers and staff clearly understand their Business Continuity roles and have practised executing the plans in a pressured situation before a catastrophic event occurs.
- Assessment, development and testing of Disaster Recovery Plans to ensure that if the IT and telecommunications services lost in a major incident they can be rapidly restored
- Acting as a Trusted Advisor providing a ‘sounding board, a critical friend, or a source of informal quality assurance.
Our Business Continuity consultancy has helped:
- Cochlear Europe
- Cottsway Housing
- Crohn's and Colitis UK
- Karian and Box
- Leeds Federated Housing Association
- Leicesteshire County Council
- Loans 2 Go
- NCC Group
- South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- Wales and West Utilities
Read our clients' testimonials belowCall us now on 0333 444 0278 Email us now: Go to quick form
Operations Director, Lyreco
At Lyreco, we have recently completed the development of a Business Continuity Plan with the help of John Eary. His professionalism, efficiency and knowledge ensured the project was completed on plan and with buy-in from the whole management team. I would recommend John to other organisations looking for similar solutions>
Chief Executive, Taylor&Emmett
John has been helping us develop a bespoke Business Continuity Strategy for our business. His wise, practical and straight talking advice and support has - and continues to be - invaluable and I have no hesitation in recommending him! >
Strategic Project Manager, Kambi
John successfully planned and facilitated a Business Continuity training exercise for us at relatively short notice. John was very diligent and thorough in his planning and worked collaboratively with me in order to achieve an end result that the attendees felt was very valuable. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend John to advise on Business Continuity Management or in planning and running an exercise of this nature.>
Resource Director, Cottsway Housing
John helped us undertake a business continuity exercise which really engaged with the people involved and gave us some good insight>
Business Continuity Manager, Leicestershire County Council
It was really refreshing to work with a consultant who understands the challenges and could articulate some useful and practical suggestions for improvement- plus he offered useful advice even after the assignment had completed. I can fully recommend John's services, and would be happy to provide a formal reference on request>
Eddie White MBA
VP - Service Delivery Operations, AccessPay
John supported AccessPay as a consultant during the preparations for our ISO22301 Business Continuity assessment. This included assisting with Risk Assessments, training staff & planning exercises. We were working to a very tight timeline and John helped us to keep on track and to budget. His efforts were rewarded when BSI Certified AccessPay to ISO22301 in July 2015. If you have a similar project I would highly recommend contacting John for sound advice and a professional service.>
Facilities Manager, MS Society
“Thanks. there was very positive feedback. The exercise was well structured; everyone was full engaged and it highlighted a number of areas we need to address. Plus it was an enjoyable day, thanks for all your support.”>