Business Case and Strategy Development for New Ways of Working
Wycombe District Council
Wycombe District Council was planning a number of initiatives to reduce its accommodation requirements and explore the commercial opportunities from the disposal of surplus property.
The Council required a business case for the introduction of new ways of working (including hot-desking) and further investment in content and document management technology.
We carried out extensive consultation through:
- Conducting interviews with the Leader of the Council and other Council Members, members of the Strategic Management Board, all Heads of Service interviewed, and key ICT staff;
- Facilitating four workshops with Service Managers;
- Devising and analysing a questionnaire devised and distributed to all staff.
Current space utilisation was reviewed and future space requirements were established.
Accommodation costs were obtained from a number of office refurbishment and interior design companies.
A full business case was developed covering the:
- Strategic Case - identified the strategic objectives and the investment required to support them;
- Economic Case - in which four options were evaluated and a preferred option was identified
- Financial Case – addressed the issues associated with funding the preferred option;
- Commercial Case - addressed the factors that must be addressed to ensure that the project was commercially viable, and;
- Management Case – identified the requirements for the success of project.
A routemap was produced based on a phased programme tarting with the realisation of some quick wins through departmental pilots to a Council wide implementation of new ways of working.
Call us now on 0333 444 0278 Email us now: Go to quick form