Formulating ICT strategies
JEC's experienced and impartial consultants can help you formulate your ICT strategy
ICT plays an increasingly important and role in helping organisations deliver their services more effectively at lower cost. A clear ICT strategy will enable your organisation to make appropriate, cost-effective decisions about ICT and make the right investments in technology.
Drawing on extensive experience, JEC consultants have assisted many organisations to take a strategic view of how ICT can deliver improved services and real efficiencies.
In helping your organisation to formulate an ICT strategy JEC will:
- Develop a vision and mission for the future role of ICT – so that your ICT strategy is aligned with the organisation’s business strategy and the technology supports your organisation’s business priorities.
- Assess current practice and service provision - by conducting a review to determine whether ICT is effective in supporting current and future business needs. We shall consult users of your ICT services and undertake a number of options appraisals to look at alternatives to current practice.
- Advise on ICT Governance - set out the organisational roles and responsibilities, policies and standards for the management of information, and the technologies to support it.
- Assess the support of digital media - the strategy will address electronic communications, including social media, and enable users to connect with the devices of their choosing e.g. PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone etc.
- Propose a robust and secure infrastructure considering the use of the Cloud, equipment and devices including Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), Unified Communications that meets the performance requirements of your organisation.
- Identify opportunities to improve application software - through integration, consolidation, or replacement of applications and evaluating options such as hosted applications and software-as-a-service.
- Identify required ICT skills - through a gap analysis ensuring that ICT professional staff, management and users have the skills and knowledge required to fully exploit your organisation’s technologies and systems.
- Recommend Sourcing - advising on how systems and software should be obtained, maintained and supported.
- Develop a Roadmap - with resource structures, budgets and timescales for the implementation of the strategy.